[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Abandoned Gamesroom • View topic - Best Sierra Games

Best Sierra Games

Discussion about the abandoned Sierra company.

Moderator: Mods

Best Sierra Games

Postby Sqfan87 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:47 am

What is your Favorite Sierra Games?

My has to be Space Quest 3.
Sqfan87
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Postby Gathilas » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Don't forget that you can vote for your favorite games on the site! Just log in, go to the game page and click the thumbs up button.

This is a great thread though, it lets you explain why you love the game so much. I'm sure lots of others will agree with you :D
Gathilas Starbreeze
The Abandoned Gamesroom

Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Gathilas
Web Developler

Postby Faeran » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:49 pm

I think I will put a game I don't regularly use with threads like this. I'm going to say Conquests of Camelot. I loved playing through this game, and what a feeling when I actually got through it all. A great blend of puzzles and just pure fantasy adventuring. If you like the story of Camelot this definitely delivers. Even the Lore of the manual was great, and can get you into the feel of the world before you even enter the game (not to mention you need some of the lore to get past some puzzles in the game).

Overall this game ended up being a classic for me, one I'll never forget playing. Long live the Riddle Stones.
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Postby Medrin » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:36 pm

Medrin
You did badly, almost
You did badly, almost

Postby Balin » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 pm

Balin
Simply Satisfactory
Simply Satisfactory

Torin's Passage

Postby martyar15 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:11 pm

martyar15
Aban

Postby Jace » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:55 am

I have to go with Conquests of Camelot as well, though I may be biased because I am a graduate student of Medieval and Renaissance history. Loved how well researched the game was, it follows quite closely to the stories presented in Thomas Malory's "Morte d'Arthur" not to mention how great the riddles and other puzzles were.

It may not have had the most satisfying ending compared to other Sierra games, but the history of it had me captivated and it's the one I've replayed the most.
Jace
Breathtakingly Bronze
Breathtakingly Bronze

Favorite Sierra Game

Postby MajesticPM » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:42 pm

This is quite a difficult decision, but I would say my top two favorite Sierra games are Laura Bow II: Dagger of Amon Ra and Kings Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow. I loved the suspense of Dagger of Amon Ra and the great fantasy story of Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow.

I guess there is some nostalgia involved too as these were the first two Sierra games I started out with. However, they were also two of the first games that supported that great mouse interface and voice acting (that I had played at least.)

I have never played the Conquests of Camelot. I will definitely have to try and check it out.

-majesTic
MajesticPM
Aban

Quest for Glory IV

Postby KeaponL » Mon May 26, 2008 6:52 pm

KeaponL
Aban

Return to Sierra