[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Abandoned Gamesroom • View topic - Kings Quest 6 on vista

Kings Quest 6 on vista

Discussion about the abandoned Sierra company.

Moderator: Mods

Kings Quest 6 on vista

Postby mordavia » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Hey all. Does anyone know how to make KQ6 go full screen???? I have it working but it only runs in a small window. I tried to go to properties and clicked on COMPATABILITY and have it run in 256 color and to run it in 640X480 resolution and nothing still a window. Then i went again to Property and clicked on SHORTCUT then clicked on the RUn tab where it says: WINDOW MINIMIZE or MAXIMIZE. I clicked on Maximize and still a window. can anyone help???
mordavia
Aban

Postby Faeran » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:54 pm

As far as I know if you are running the CD version of King's Quest 6 it comes with 2 versions on it. It has the Windows version and the DOS version.

I don't believe the Windows version can be played in a true full screen mode unfortunately.

As for the DOS version, you should be able to run that in full screen mode using DOSBox.
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Postby mordavia » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:57 pm

ya i have the windows cd version. i dont like the dos version cause the game doesent look as clean in dos as it does in windows ie. hte character box when someone speaks.
mordavia
Aban

Postby Faeran » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Yeah, there's definitely benefits of the windows version.

Though, as far as I know, you can't make it completely full screen. The best you can do is lower your resolution to give yourself the illusion that it's encompassing the screen, but it looks like you do that already.
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Re: Kings Quest 6 on vista

Postby Envisaged0ne » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:21 pm

I was able to get the game to run fullscreen in Vista. I 1st created a .BAT file with just this in it..

@echo off
sciwv.exe c:\sierra\kq6\win\sierra.ini
exit

Then I set the compatibility for the .BAT file and sciwv.exe to 256 colors with 640x480 resolution. Workss just fine for me.
Envisaged0ne
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Re: Kings Quest 6 on vista

Postby BFarmer1980 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:22 am

Disregard. Found answers in the other thread, and will direct my further questions there as well.
BFarmer1980
Aban

Return to Sierra