[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Abandoned Gamesroom • View topic - Know where you can find KQ1 for the IBM PCjr?

Know where you can find KQ1 for the IBM PCjr?

Discussion about the abandoned Sierra company.

Moderator: Mods

Know where you can find KQ1 for the IBM PCjr?

Postby Envisaged0ne » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Envisaged0ne
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Postby Faeran » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:28 am

Hey,

Well luckily I found an img of it. You can find it .

As far as an Emulator goes. Not too familiar with them, but you can always try this Tand-Em one. Their official site is below:

Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Postby Envisaged0ne » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:51 am

Thank you very much! I'm going to try the Tand-Em emulator. Already have the pcjr bios and all the other files I need. I'm 1st gonna try using Virtual PC to emulate the DOS enviroment it wants. I'll letcha know if I can get it to work.

Thaks again! :)
Envisaged0ne
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Postby Envisaged0ne » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Okie, I finally got it to work using DOSBOX. Doing some google surfing, I managed to find out how to get it to run. 1st thing I did was make these changes in the dosbox.conf file

core=normal
machine=pcjr
cycles=350
xms=false
ems=false
umb=false

I disabled all sound options except for the pc speaker.

I then launched DOSBOX and mounted the directory the king's quest IMG file was saved in.

I then typed "BOOT KQ1PCJR.IMG" (minus the quotes of course) and the game booted up no prob :D

Thanks again for all your help!
Envisaged0ne
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Postby Faeran » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:19 am

Wonderful, that's some good info!
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Postby Envisaged0ne » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:29 am

Probably pushing my luck here, but if you or anyone knows where I could locate the original 1985 version of King's Quest 2 :)
Envisaged0ne
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Postby Envisaged0ne » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:28 am

Okie, I found the disc images for KQ2 :)

You can get them here

http://retrograde.trustno1.org/sierra.htm

Use the same configuration that was posted for Kq1, only for the booter command, type in...

boot kq211h-1.img kq211h-2.img (assuming you downloaded the 1.1h version)

Then when the game asks you to insert disc 2, hit ctrl+f4, then hit Enter
Envisaged0ne
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Postby Faeran » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:58 am

awesome find, downloaded some of those games to take a look at them.
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Return to Sierra