[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Abandoned Gamesroom • View topic - King's Quest 6 Win works better on Vista than on XP

King's Quest 6 Win works better on Vista than on XP

Discussion about the abandoned Sierra company.

Moderator: Mods

King's Quest 6 Win works better on Vista than on XP

Postby Envisaged0ne » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Envisaged0ne
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Postby Faeran » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Running Kings Quest 6 on vista

Postby mordavia » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Can you please explain to me how you made that batch file, Im completely computer illiterate when it comes to stuff like that. and i would LOVE to get KQ6 running on my vista 32 properly. thanx:D
mordavia
Aban

Re: King's Quest 6 Win works better on Vista than on XP

Postby Envisaged0ne » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 pm

The bat file contained this...

@echo off
sciwv.exe d:\sierra\kq6\win\sierra.ini
exit

Obviously, modify yours to make sure the path is pointed to your KQ6 directory

Then I modified the sierra.ini file in the kq6\win folder to look like this...

[info]
title = King's Quest VI
confirmdac = TRUE
confirmmidi = TRUE
cursorview = TRUE
minhunk = 204K
minhires = 375K
audioBuffs = 2

synthtype=highsynth
genmidi=true
audpath=d:\sierra\kq6
audio=d:\sierra\kq6
sync=d:\sierra\kq6
movieplayer=0

Again, making sure that the directories point to where your kq6 folder is. Then set the compatibility for your .bat file and sciwv.exe to 256 colors with 640x480 resolution
Envisaged0ne
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Postby BFarmer1980 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:16 am

I have followed these instructions, and have succeeded in getting fullscreen play, but have a couple of questions that maybe you can answer.

1) In order to get speech, narration, and video to play, I have to keep the paths in the sierra.ini file pointed to the CD drive, rather than to my installed directory on the hard drive. I selected a full install when I installed the program. Are there further files that I need to copy from the CD?

2) Video, such as the opening sequence, still displays in a size that is less than fullscreen. Is there any way to stretch the video segments to fullscreen, as well?
BFarmer1980
Aban

Postby Envisaged0ne » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:25 am

1) Yes, after you install the game, you need to go and copy all the other files from the CD to your KQ6 folder on the hard drive. Just make sure if it asks if you want to replace existing files already there, you choose no

2) The intro doesn't play full screen for me either. The only other option that I know of is to just play the intro .avi in your KQ6 folder through media player or some other video player.
Envisaged0ne
At Least You Tried
At Least You Tried

Return to Sierra