Tie Fighter

Forums about all of our games. Info, hints, trouble shooting on all the games we offer.

Moderator: Mods

Tie Fighter

Postby agamesroom » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:25 pm

Please post only about the specified game on this thread.

The game page can be found here
agamesroom
Worst Website Ever!

Postby Balin » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:05 am

CD Version:

Primerib wrote:
I can't seem to make the game work, I've loaded daemon tools and the cd image, but when I try to run the game with VDMS from the installed directory I get an error message that claims there's no cd, the only way I've been able to run the game is if I automaticlally reproduce de cd image directly from the virtual DVD but only without a soundcard configured, any help wold be thanked.

By the way great work on this site!!

Uncomment the line " lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe" (remove the REM in front of it) in the C:\Program Files\VDMSound\Autoexec.vdms and it should be fine.
I don't know if this is a problem on my part or just stupid technology, but I ran into some problems with daemon tools causing the dos window to minimize to the start bar after waiting a long time at the loading vdmsound screen. I use both nero and Alcohol 120% so the fact I am trying to run four or five different virtual drives at once may be related to the problem. I just uninstalled it and everything was fine, but that may not be a wise option for some people who don't have any other program to mount disc images.

I also think this site is bloody BRILLIANT! I've been looking for a decent copy (in english) of Sam and Max for AGES! Tie fighter was just icing on the cake.

WolfyG

EDIT: Daemon tools problem solved, it was conflicting with my other virtual drive with the same letter.

---

I having some issues with this game and can use some help.

I can run it in DOSBOX but if I bring the cycles over 13000, the music gets choppy. Also, the video is always poor (as in FPS) but it will "work" in hi and low res.

If I run through XP with VDMS it works smoothly in low res but if I switch to high res the screen is distorted. The games read.me says this has something to do with VESA compatibility but I find it strange that one emulator will work (all be it choppy) in hi-res and the other doesnt.

Any ideas?

---

Run the win task mgr and try to configure the cycles below that level when the CPU usage is under 100%.
If you have an older (slower) processor the game won't run properly.
Balin
Simply Satisfactory
Simply Satisfactory

Return to Gamesroom Games