Stay Tooned!

Forums about all of our games. Info, hints, trouble shooting on all the games we offer.

Moderator: Mods

Stay Tooned!

Postby agamesroom » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:16 pm

Please post only about the specified game on this thread.

The game page can be found here

This game is compressed using the 7zip tool. In order to uncompress this game, you can use the following program:

Code: Select all
http://www.7-zip.org/
agamesroom
Worst Website Ever!

Postby Isilven » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm running WinXP, and I can't get the setup to work. Well, it loads up, appears on my taskbar, does the little "Sierra" fanfare, but nothing actually shows up.

Do I need to mount it in DOSBox like it said on the download page? I thought it was a Win95 game.
Isilven
Aban

Postby Faeran » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:09 am

On our old forums there were a few solutions to this problem posted. Take this link and see if any of the posts help you out:

http://www.agamesroom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=480
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Re: Stay Tooned!

Postby abbyrose87 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:06 pm

I know nothing about computers and downloading torrents and stuff but I really want to play stay tooned. I used to play it all the time when I was younger. I have a macbook with Mac OS X version 10.5.8. Is there anything I can do to play this? I downloaded it from one of the links on this site but i didn't have any application to open it with. Any ideas?
abbyrose87
A

Postby Faeran » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:01 pm

I must say that you pose a tough question. I do have some thoughts on how you would go about playing this game.

First off, the file that you download from this website is a CD image. You need to use a disk burning program (such as img burn or a mac alternative) that gives you the option to burn an image to CD.

So after you have your CD, you have another program. The game was made to run in windows 95, and operating systems such as windows xp/vista/7, or any kind of mac, just won't run this game, or won't run it very well. You say you have a mac, and the only way I can see you getting this game to run is through a virtual machine system such as Virtual Box. I would get an old copy of Windows 98 and install it inside of virtual box, then you will be able to load windows 98 inside of your mac os.

Then when you are in windows 98, you can insert your stay tooned! CD and install it and play it.

It must sound fairly complicated and a lot of steps just to play this game, but unless you have an old windows based computer lying around somewhere, this seems like one of the only ways I can think of for you to play this old game.

Good luck, and if you have any questions about anything I brought up here, let me know.
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Postby totalblondy7 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I recently bought the stay tooned! game because I use to play it as a kid. Whenever I put the CD in my computer, the screen comes up where I click install and then nothing happens. In the bar at the bottom of the computer it says "sierra on-line setup" but nothing comes up on my screen. Can somebody help me with this problem?
Thank you
totalblondy7
A

Postby Faeran » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:21 pm

totalblondy7 wrote:I recently bought the stay tooned! game because I use to play it as a kid. Whenever I put the CD in my computer, the screen comes up where I click install and then nothing happens. In the bar at the bottom of the computer it says "sierra on-line setup" but nothing comes up on my screen. Can somebody help me with this problem?
Thank you

I remember this problem from a long time ago when I used to have Windows XP. When you see that bar at the bottom of your screen try to right click it and choose 'move', then use your arrow keys, I think to the left a bit and hit enter. I remember that used to bring up the setup window for me years ago with many Sierra games from that era.

Let me know if that solution still works for you!
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Return to Gamesroom Games