[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Abandoned Gamesroom • View topic - Eco Quest 1 CD Version

Eco Quest 1 CD Version

Forums about all of our games. Info, hints, trouble shooting on all the games we offer.

Moderator: Mods

Eco Quest 1 CD Version

Postby agamesroom » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:03 am

Please post only about the specified game on this thread.

The game page can be found
agamesroom
Worst Website Ever!

Re: Eco Quest 1 CD Version

Postby SaraSG1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Don't know how active this site is, but I thought I'd try.

I can't imagine the CD version having crappier music than the text only version (though it's possible, I suppose) so I was hoping someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've got DAEMON lite, the latest DOSbox and D-Fend Reloaded all working great and the game does play but the music is terrible. The text only version has great music. Is there a setting I'm missing or is there a way to import the great music from the text version?

Thanks a lot and thanks for the website! I'd missed many of these games terribly, I've no idea what happened to my old collection.
SaraSG1
A

Postby Faeran » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:45 am

Hi There,

Without installing the game myself, the first thing that comes to mind would be that you may want to try to run the install program and change the audio settings. Every Sierra game of that era had the same kind of install screen where you could change the audio and video settings.

If you need a more detailed explanation let me know and I will see what I can come up with.
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Postby SaraSG1 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks for the reply! I'm afraid I do need more help. Running install and choosing a different option DID fix the music but it wouldn't install the speech files, said those had to remain on the CD. Unfortunately, when I ran the game, it didn't seem to use them as there was no speech. Any thoughts there?

Thanks again.
SaraSG1
A

Postby Faeran » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Yeah, the speech files will only run off of the CD. The problem is that DOSBox won't recognize your CD by default. I don't know how to get D-Fend to mount your CD/DVD drive but I do know how to do it while inside of DOSBox. I will try to explain.

Let's say your Daemon Tools Virtual CD/DVD drive is the letter F, then you need to type this into DOSBox:

mount d f:\ -t cdrom

This command will tell DOSBox that your F:\ drive is a CD drive and you want it to be read as D:\ while in DOSBox.

If you can manage to mount both your hard drive and your CD-Rom drive, then the game will run properly, as the speech files need to run from the CD-Rom, and the rest of the game runs from your hard drive.

Let me know if you understand, I can get into more of a step by step guide if need be!
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Return to Gamesroom Games