Afterlife

Forums about all of our games. Info, hints, trouble shooting on all the games we offer.

Moderator: Mods

Afterlife

Postby agamesroom » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:20 pm

Please post only about the specified game on this thread.

The game page can be found here
agamesroom
Worst Website Ever!

Postby rafa24sasp » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:46 pm

Hey guys what's up?
I'm just posting to report that the download links for Afterlife appear to be dead. When it links to Mediafire, it reports the a message saying that it's an invalid Quicklink. Anyone else avaiable to check it?
rafa24sasp
Aban

Postby Faeran » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:25 pm

rafa24sasp wrote:Hey guys what's up?
I'm just posting to report that the download links for Afterlife appear to be dead. When it links to Mediafire, it reports the a message saying that it's an invalid Quicklink. Anyone else avaiable to check it?

Hey, thanks for pointing that out. Looks like mediafire doesn't like bigger files on their servers. For now I uploaded one big file of the game onto megaupload for now, they seemed to have gotten better at their stability, though there is a download limit of some kind.

Let me know how it goes.
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

i'm not sure if this is normal...

Postby Willrandship » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 am

When I downloaded it, it only had two files in it, both of which were non-readable by me.
I am now redownloading to see if the same thing occurs
Willrandship
Aban

Re: i'm not sure if this is normal...

Postby Faeran » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Willrandship wrote:When I downloaded it, it only had two files in it, both of which were non-readable by me.

Hey, you won't find a different result if you re-download it. The files that you get are an Image File of the actual CD. You can do 2 things to this file.

1. You can get a Program like Nero. This program can burn image files to a CD+R, which will basically make a CD that acts like the original one that you would buy from the store.

2. You can get a program called Daemon Tools. This program will give you a virtual CD/DVD drive on your computer. With this, you can "Mount" that image file into the virtual CD/DVD drive and it will run like it's a real CD.

Either way you do it does not matter, you will get the same result. You will be able to install the game from there and install it like it's the real deal.

Hope this helps you out, any more questions just let me know!
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Re: Afterlife

Postby Liastnir » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:18 am

There are two links currently, and the second one is dead. I've downloaded the file from the first link and while it is a bin file it appears to be incomplete (the earlier poster said there were two files present). Is there another source for the files? This is the only site I've found that appears to have the CD version, which is the only one that apparently works on DoSBOX.

Thank you
Liastnir
A

Postby Faeran » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Liastnir wrote:There are two links currently, and the second one is dead. I've downloaded the file from the first link and while it is a bin file it appears to be incomplete (the earlier poster said there were two files present). Is there another source for the files? This is the only site I've found that appears to have the CD version, which is the only one that apparently works on DoSBOX.

Thank you

Hey Liastnir,

Thanks for letting us know about the downed link. You should be able to download the second file now, and they should extract the image file (bin).

Let me know if you have any further troubles.
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Postby Niteshade » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi. I was wondering if someone could give me an idiots walkthrough on how to get this game running?

I downloaded both files fine and extracted the files in the first download but not sure exactly what to do now since the second file asks me to overwrite the first files because they have the same name. Do i rename the second downloaded files? and even then what do i do next do i put them all on a disk and then try to play it or is there more too it?

thanks for your time and for having the older games we all loved available.
Niteshade
A

Postby Faeran » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Niteshade wrote:Hi. I was wondering if someone could give me an idiots walkthrough on how to get this game running?

I downloaded both files fine and extracted the files in the first download but not sure exactly what to do now since the second file asks me to overwrite the first files because they have the same name. Do i rename the second downloaded files? and even then what do i do next do i put them all on a disk and then try to play it or is there more too it?

thanks for your time and for having the older games we all loved available.

Hi There,

I would recommend using the newest version of winrar found here, to extract the 2 files that you download from this site.

Then you will be left with 1 or possibly 2 files. The first file will be large, the second file will be really tiny (if there is a second file). These/this file is known as an image file. It is essentially an exact image of the original Afterlife CD.

There are 2 things you can do with this file.

The first thing you can try is to install the program Daemon Tools. This program will create a virtual CD/DVD drive on your system. With the virtual CD/DVD drive, you can insert a virtual CD, which is the image file that you downloaded from our site (The program calls it "mounting". You can "mount" the image file into the virtual CD/DVD drive).

The second option is to download a program like ImgBurn. This program will allow you to burn the image to a CD/DVD. Then you can just insert that CD/DVD into your drive and install it like the original game.

Let me know if you have any further issues, and good luck!

Faeran
Cheers, Faeran
The Abandoned Gamesroom
Faeran
Games Expert

Postby b517rsx5 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:16 am

b517rsx5
A

Return to Gamesroom Games